Old August 6th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Whistler Peak to Peak Gondola

Gilbert Baron wrote:
How many think this thing will really open this winter? if It does I
want to go although I don't have anyone to go with. My wife does not
ski.
I think mid February is the best time for avoiding the rain, no?

It costs a :LOT for singles.

The Peak to Peak gondola is scheduled to open in December 2008, not
this coming winter.

http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/p2p....html#download

"WHISTLER, BC, April 17, 2007 - Whistler Blackcomb, a mountain resort
already renowned for daring innovation, has announced its boldest move
yet with the construction of the Peak to Peak Gondola, for completion
December 2008. The two mountains will be united by a gondola that will
set world records for length and height while providing an unmatched
experience for winter and summer resort guests."