Old February 7th 04, 04:09 AM
Ron N.Y

Default Severe Lower Back Pain after Skiing

I get a sore lower back from skiing too . And I work out allot so it's not like I'm out of shape . I think it might have
something to do with my new boots . These Salomon 1050's seem to have allot of angle built into them and it forces me to keep
my knees bent all the time which in turn put pressure on my lower back . But that's just a theory , my friend's theory is I'm
getting old . I keep telling him I'm only 42 and to shut up if he wants to stay friends . Of course his back never hurts and
he hardly works out , go figure .
Ron

"Mike" wrote in message . ..
Hi, I'm 25, been skiing for ten years, the last two weeks my back has been
a little sore, nothing serious, but noticable when doing stuff like tying
shoes, im going to get it checked out tomorrow but i wanted to know if
anyone else has ever had this problem, i went skiing three days ago and
it made the problem 100 times worse, after three hours of skiing i could
barely get off and on the chairlift. it was very painful the rest of the
day and the better part of the next day, only painful when going from
a sitting position to standing and vice versa, or bending over, but it
was so bad i had to brace myself everytime or try and pull myself up
with my arms. today its fine again, still there like i said before, but
very very slight and only noticable when doing something where i'm seriously
bending down, like picking something up off the floor or tying my shoes..
has anyone else ever experienced this? i'm really worried this is going to
affect my ability to ski..