Old September 22nd 03, 02:00 AM
Bruce Toien

Default Classic poles for "New Skate" technique?

According to what I learned at the Mt. Bachelor masters XC ski camp last
May, I've changed my roller-ski skate technique to a generally more compact,
in-close, low-down poling configuration. I guess that's the "New Skate"(?)
Anyway, I've found that my skate poles are too long for this new technique
and that my classic poles are just right! With winter just around the
corner (we already got snowed this month at the 6000' level on Mt. Adams) I
will be interested to see how the classic poles work for skate technique on
snow. Has anyone had a similar experience?

- Bruce Toien
Sherwood, Oregon