Old February 22nd 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_2_]

Default Good ski repair shop in Flaine and in Chamonix

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:17:05 +0000, in
, Devs
wrote:

In message
,
" writes
I am not sure P-Tex will help in my case:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8775/k22fi3.jpg
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2742/k21ad6.jpg

I had a very similar gouge in Flaine on a brand new pair of skis. I took
them to a small shop just along from the bottom of the acensuers right
on the edge of the nursery slopes.

That'll be Flaine Super Ski then http://www.flainesuperski.com/ as
recommended by me up there ^^^. Glad their reputation continues.

They used a die to cut out a very
precise amount of base material so they could glue in a new piece of
exactly the same size (but different colour) base material. The repair
looked the dogs and lasted for the life of the skis. Every time I had
them serviced comments were made about how good the repair was.

Well, to be fair, I'd be even more impressed if future service droids
couldn't even notice that a repair had been made, but maybe it was
just a colour-matching thing. In any case, it's clear from this, and
other comments, that glueing a new bit of base material seems to be
the way to go, contrary to my earlier comments, so I'll go with the
flow.