Old June 16th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Henriksen

Default Running with Ski Poles

"JJ" skrev i melding

Looks like the commercial version of a roller board (I think they marketed
it here in the States as a Vasa Trainer?). One thing I've always wondered
about: my home-made roller board has the ropes tied off to some big eye
bolts at the top of the board. It looks like all these commercial rigs
have the rope going through a pulley, and then back down to the "sled".
Does it reduce the force needed to pull yourself up, with the pulleys?
Does it make for a better/smoother "poling" motion?

The only advantage I can see is that it's more difficult to steal the sled.
My ropes are tied to the ribwall.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes