Old June 16th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
JJ[_2_]

Default Running with Ski Poles

"Terje Henriksen" wrote in message

"Terje Henriksen" skrev i melding

skrev i melding
Meaning a generic term or a specific apparatus? It seems to be
discussed a lot on forums, but the only specific piece of eqpt I found
was the Norwegian equivalent of the Total Gym:
http://www.treningspartner.no/produc...r%E5sterk.html

This is not the original model, which is produced by Stjørdal Industrier.
It was first sold in the -60's and I am using one bought in the -70's.
Made of steel and still as good as new. You may find it advertised in
SkiSport. I use it 3 times a week, summer and winter.

I did not remember correct; the bench was probably originated early in
the -70's and I bought mine early in the -80's.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Looks like the commercial version of a roller board (I think they marketed
it here in the States as a Vasa Trainer?). One thing I've always wondered
about: my home-made roller board has the ropes tied off to some big eye
bolts at the top of the board. It looks like all these commercial rigs have
the rope going through a pulley, and then back down to the "sled". Does it
reduce the force needed to pull yourself up, with the pulleys? Does it make
for a better/smoother "poling" motion?

-JJ
Denver, Colorado