Old August 21st 03, 10:18 PM
pigo

Default Traffic Circles

"klaus" wrote in message
Walt wrote:
klaus wrote:

Emericuns have trouble with them, but they seem to be getting more
popular in high traffic areas.

But just imagine if the U.S. put in a Magic Roundabout. Carnage.

http://www.swindonweb.com/life/lifemagi0.htm

The idea of driving on the left hand side of the road is bad enough.
Trying to negotiate *that* while driving on the left hand side is

enough
to keep me from driving in the UK at all. Which maybe is the point?

I used to be apprehensive about it, but really, after a day or two,
it's no big deal driving on the other side. You just have to make a
point of concentrating. But get an automatic. Shifting with the other
hand, but same pattern, while the pedals are the same gets a bit too
much for a short trip. And get full insurance coverage. You'll be
hitting a lot of curbs since you aren't used to judging where the
front left of the car is when your sitting in the seat on the
right. Especially on the narrow roads.

I actually think it's more dangerous to walk. You tend to look the
wrong way before crossing a street.

-klaus

I might as well take an oportunity to agree with klaus. They don't come
along that often.

Like anything else, it just takes some getting used to. They've got
their mental midgets just like us that have trouble. You just have to
concentrate more at first and less and less as time and experience go
by. It's good to have a pom in the car to help with the details when you
don't quite have it figured out yet.