Old April 28th 12, 01:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Trying to revive grass skiing

On Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:01:40 AM UTC-6, nosnowski wrote:

Getting rich was not really my motivation when I started thinking about
the problem of safe carving-like dry surface ski. As I mentioned earlier
having short ski seasons is quite a pain especially after moving to
Australia from Europe where I spent best part of my life and could ski
from December to April. Anyway, I realise that this is not the kind of
business that you can make millions on but I'd be happy if I could make
in it similar money that I am getting from my IT job. After spending 20
years in the IT industry I'm definitely more passionate about skiing
than my profession.

Ok. Maybe I should have said "make a living off of"?

December to April? What? Did you live in a desert? :-)

Do you have sand dunes? Some sliding can be done on those. Grass doesn't recover as quickly as snow. I see the same public facility destruction of property that you get when skateboarders brake **** that they don't own were there to be a large number of "grass skiers". And commercially I don't think you could support enough grass to be economic.

Doesn't hurt to think outside the box though. Just my thoughts.