Old December 14th 14, 07:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Pineapple Express

wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 19:31:38 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:59:11 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:
But I'm going to Phoenix Friday. Mmmmmmmmm warm!

Reservoir levels up north show sharp jumps, but they are still way
below average and there usually a jump at this time of year anyway.
The truth will be in the depth of the snowpack we get this year.

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
God bless America.

Coastal California, (Both Northern and Southern California) isn't a desert.
It gets little rainfall, has hot dry summers, (or more like cool dry
summers) but temperature wise, it is in the 20 to 27 degree Celsius/70-80s
on the coasts, while hotter a little bit inland, basically many
microclimates. It is very good for wine growing, one can grow cabernet
sauvignon and Merlot Grapes near Malibu, (many try to try to get their land
zoned as agricultural/farming property and lower property taxes) There is
also not many mosquitoes except near salt water marshes, like near Pt.
Mugu..

The desert starts further inland, probably about 100 miles/160 kilometres
from the coast, (a bit closer in San Diego area)
It comes apparent while driving through San Bernandino to Las Vegas...

The Desert Areas of the Western US are actually pretty nice to be right
now, (except the Northern Deserts in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington, very
cold with some precipitation) Much like Florida is pretty brutal during
the Summer Months, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Las Vegas are pretty inhospitable
from May to Late September. However, they are great right now, cool,
sunny... One reason half of Chicago lives in Arizona during the Winter
Months..