Old February 18th 04, 03:13 PM
julia

If someone offers you Ramer bindings, back away slowly, then run. Run
fast, run far. Biggest pieces of unreliable crap ever foisted upon the
BC community. I saw many a skier struggle with these awful things,
myself included.

Hey, I learned to ski on Ramers in the Colorado backcountry! Never had
any problem with them. Used mine for over 10 years, lift service too.
Unfortunatly, fully automatic is all some people can deal with.

Probably the best and lightest set up you can get for mountaineeing
boots. You really don't even need the heel release/lock down for
touring, only for going up hills. They even tele OK, once you get used
to the stiff sole.
I found a pair at the local thrift shop for 10 bucks... but I'm
keeping them for parts.

Julia