Old February 11th 04, 12:40 PM
Gary S.

On 10 Feb 2004 15:34:28 -0800, (Jonathan
Shefftz) wrote:

Yep, lots of good deals on used Silvretta 404, and also the 400 --
same as 404 I think, but w/ different boot sole length adjustment, or
something like that? Of course, be sure they're in good condition,
which can be tricky over eBay.
Sometimes you see the old 300 for sale, but I think this had no
release mechanism whatsoever, which sounds kind of scary (even for
approaches up and snowplows back down).

There is always a release, but with the wrong equipment, the release
will be your knee ligaments.

No release might work in some setups with a softer boot.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA