Old September 24th 04, 02:37 PM
Dell Todd

Has anyone fractured their ankle(lower fibula) while running? Becasue I did
yesterday afternoon while on a 2 hr run; had to limp almost 3 miles back to
my car. The doc down at the UofM says I'll be out for 4 to 6 weeks. ...
Matt Liebsch
-i never hurt my self during the ski season, mmmm...soft white and forgiving
snow

Matt,

Oh no ! That's a huge disappointment I'm sure. Well, if you cant
workout 13 hrs a week, you know you cant keep eating. I noticed that
the people who bring you ecaps & hammer gel have a product that helps
you thru that transition by safely reducing your food drive.

I have not yet BROKE an ankle (knock on wood). However, I have
recently been marveling that during a ton of night running on very
dark country roads during the past 4 years, I have not really even
turned my ankles. Back in high school I ran XC, we trained on grass
all the time, and I was constantly turning my ankles. Very painful.
This Sunday I was blinded by a car on a turn, and I stepped right on
the lip of the asphalt and turned the heck out of my ankle. I thought,
I had that coming, I should really have my headlamp on. Then the same
thing happened within a couple miles, on the other ankle. Wednesday
nite I was out on a bike path next a semi-busy road, blinded by the
headlites (no headlamp on me), and I stepped just right on a PINE CONE
and I thought the ankle had broken. I stopped short, did some hopping
on the good leg to avoid putting anything on the hurt one. I was able
to walk it off. Now that one still hurts. I think I'll do some yoga
and just keep running. I am almost 2 weeks away from Chgo. It feels a
little tight in the AM, but running on it feels fine. So I got lucky.
I am trying to run during the daylight. I think if the pinecone were
any bigger, I would be joining you in misery. Keep eating the good
things to give your body the healing things it needs, and get out
there in 4 weeks. It'll go fast, and you'll still have a ton of time
before racing season.