Old October 15th 17, 04:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Neil Gilham

Default Epoke Skis

On Tuesday, January 13, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Glen MacDonald wrote:
Are Epoke skis still made? How about Splitkein or Bonna? I'd like to get
a pair of Epoke 900 or slightly heavier. Also, my Splitkein Milers (Bonna
1600) are just about shot after many years, and would like to replace with
something similar. My wife and I haven't seen any new ski models that
seem as versatile as the Epoke for on or off track skiing.

Regards,
Glen

I've seen some Epokes on ebay. I have a pair of Epoke 1000 with the mica base. I replaced the Rottefella 3-pin bindings with Rottefella NNN BC bindings to go with a new pair of Madshus Glittertind BC boots. The Epoke is a solid ski, torsion box construction, virtually unbreakable. Here's an old Epoke ad from a 1982 Backpacker magazine. https://books.google.com/books?id=TO...20skis&f=false