Old February 12th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default fractured wrist snowboarding

On Feb 5, 12:44*am, Switters wrote:
On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 06:57:58 GMT, "

allegedly wrote:
anyone fractured their wrist any advice? i wanted to go on a beach
vacation on feb 24th. hope this sorts itself out.

I did, many years ago, in exactly the same manner. *Took 6 weeks before
the cast came off, but on the 5th week I went snowboarding. *Figured it
was stronger with the cast on than the following week with the cast off.
Doctor wasn't too happy, but he didn't say I should not go.

The only thing with a beach holiday is that you need to keep the cast
clean and dry. *Sand and sea don't exactly help in that regard.

maybe i should get my board de-tuned.

You slid backwards right? *So that's not going to help. *De-turning the
board may help to prevent you catching an edge and falling forwards. *
Sliding out backwards is down to not having enough grip.

--
The only powder to get high on, falls from the sky.http://www.vpas.org.uk/- Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here -http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/

how do i get more grip on my board? rectify that problem?