Old March 2nd 06, 12:54 PM

Remember - K Smigun (double Gold, Torino) shocked her contemporaries
with the slow pace of her training this year. Hmmm. (ref: helpful link
to jenex blog, thanks)

pie: intervals are "better" for what, exactly ? Getting into the WC Red
Group ? Sprints or distance ? Too general ! Everyone needs both.

The fact is that there is no replacement for high training volume over
the years. Sure, tweak it up with intervals here & there, but show me
the athlete with 750+ hours over the last 5 years who is having a hard
time staying in the Red Group, intervals or whatever !

OK - BESIDES Per Eloffssen (sp?) !! He admitted he was tinkering with
the outer limits of his ability to process great volumes of hours.

Jay T - you got the plan. Lock it. Bring it. Partial list of successful
American athletes who have done well in their sports, who are actually
part time or full time residents in Europe, or even property owners:
Lance A
Tyler H (miss that guy)
Bode Miller
Daron Rahlves
Jay Hakkinen
others ?
definite pattern there

Let's get a place perhaps in Lillehammer for Kris, AJ, Southam,
etc...we'll visit for the Norweigan Birkie while they are away for the
WC chasing the podium. Jay, make sure your pal Chad Giese knows about
the European Nordic Ski House please. Kid's got huge potential in my
book. Hope he can unleash it all.