Old January 21st 04, 09:07 PM
George Cleveland

Default News Reader services

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:37:06 -0900, "Griss" wrote:

me:

I'm assuming you're keeping the ISP and just needing a non-google news
server to use. I've been using news.cis.dfn.de for about a year now and

it
works great. It's free.

Do a www search and you'll find their web page with instructions on how

sign up and configure OE to use it. Essentially, what you do is

configure
OE replacing references to your old ISP newsserver, username, password,

etc.
to new ones involving news.cis.dfn.de. It's easy.

george cleveland:

Thats what I use. No problems in almost 3 years. It works well with
FreeAgent as a reader that you can download from Agent.com.

Ah, thanks for bringing up FreeAgent. I was using it for a while a few
years ago and really liked it (once I got used to it). Then I quit using it
for a while for some reason - I think I must have gotten a new computer and
never bothered to download it. Anyway, thanks for the reminder, I think
I'll give it a go again.
Grissy

Yep. The only problem is I gave you the wrong address. Nix the Agent.com.
The real address is:

forteinc.com

Sorry.

g.c.