Old October 19th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Koos van den Hout

Default any one else stoked to ride?

jw wrote in :

Anybody else in the Northern Hemi getting stoked to ride?

Oh yeah. Time to check the gear, see what needs replacing (my snowboarding
jacket is showing age and use, time for a new one). Planning the trip (ok,
that already happened).

This place has a pathetic post count, considering how many snowboarders
are out there with Internet/Usenet access. I know, they're all on the
Web forums, but I refuse to visit those.

The web has a good side: webcams! For those like me living in areas that
may get 2 snowflakes somewhere in February, it is good to browse
wintersport area webcams and see the first snowflakes staying on the
ground. For example in Oberlech in Austria,
http://live.flashing.net/skiarlberg/oberlech.jpg

Shameless self-promotion follows...

Ages ago I started collecting links to wintersport webcams at
http://snowcam.org/ .. just never found the time to make it into something
big.

Koos

--
Koos van den Hout Homepage: http://idefix.net/~koos/
Fax: +31-30-2817051 PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5