Old January 9th 06, 04:40 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
How good are burton boards?Is the tech really that advanced?are the
other company s as advanced such as libtech they seem to have a ton of
RandD.
Asking becauuse ive been sticking with them because they have been in
the biz so long ive asumed they would have over 20 years R and D .
Can a snowboard really be that advanced?
What do you think LEE you ve been in the biz for years and i have to
buy a board ..now!
greg

I have two Burton boards - an 06 Triumph and an 05 Fish. Love them both. (
Using Ion boots with P1 Carbon Bindings) Burton has an extensive R and D and
testing group. They do quite a bit of innovation in boards and bindings.
Demo'd the Custom X and liked it as well. The are starting to incorporate
the new aluminum honeycomb technology into more boards (T6 and Vapor). The
Vapor is unbelievable light and has tremendous pop coming out of turns. The
T6 is stiffer but pressure it well and watch it shoot out of a turn. I am
waiting for them to release their asymmetrical canted bindings for men next
year. They released the womens this year (Escapade I think?). Saw a
presentation on how they arrived at the canted angles, etc... Nice
engineering and technology use.

For powder, I can't say enough about the Fish (156). Great float, 3 inch
setback, great in tight spots between trees. Still does well on groomers.

I have also ridden Nitro and K2 boards. I was using Flow Pro FR11s with
Salomon Malamute boots. No freestyle park/pipe so I can't comment on that.

BTW. I am not a Burton employee nor work for a retailer.