Old December 20th 04, 06:02 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-20, lal_truckee penned:

A true GS only fails in genuine powder. Better to just get a soft powder ski
from the dumpster to fill out a quiver than to compromise all other
conditions with a wide "all mountain" ski. The only thing you get from wide
skis is easy powder skiing for those who don't want to invest the effort in
learning powder technique and instead just want to ride up and out of the
deep. (This assumes you can carve crud and slop on race skis - it's not
hard, it just takes patience.)

Well, powder and crud/slop are my two biggest problem areas, so ... getting a
ski that's more work in those conditions might not be my best move. I see
that once again, I haven't been detailed enough in describing my question =)

--
monique
Longmont, CO