Old August 22nd 03, 03:33 PM
Nathan Schultz

Default Orthoics / SIDA inserts in XC Boots

Next time you are buying new boots, try a size up or down. For high-end
boots, I know that the length of the boot remains constant but the width
changes in a group of different sizes. So, for instance, I have a narrow
foot and actually went down a whole size recently and they still fit
perfectly length-wise.

I also have used custom orthotics as well as the Salomon custom-molded
insoles (called conformables). I found the best performance with my custom
orthotics, but since I only have one pair (they cost $400), I got tired of
pulling them out of the boot and switching between classic and skate. The
conformables are a great alternative and are much less expensive.

-Nathan
http://nsavage.com

"Serge" wrote in message
. ..
My Salomon Pilot boots are a little too "wide" for me although the
length is just fine.
Does anybody have experience with SIDA inserts or orthoics or similar
products?

I do not see XC boots made in various widths like some bike shoes and
certainly not custom molded like speed skating boots.

Surly, people deal with this problem in other ways.