Old August 18th 03, 06:50 PM
Chris Cline

Default Orthoics / SIDA inserts in XC Boots

If the length is just fine, a higher volume foot-bed
or orthotic should really help.

I have been using orthotics in my Salomon Pilot boots
for years. I mainly use them for much-needed
pronation control, but the boots are a little roomy
for my feet, so the fact that the orthotics take up a
little volume in the boot is a good thing, too.

The orthotics are only 3/4 foot (end just behind the
metatarsal heads), so I use a thin (flat) neoprene
footbed liner (made by Spenco) under the orthotic so
my toes aren't working against the unpadded midsole.
This setup works just fine.

Chris

--- Serge wrote:
My Salomon Pilot boots are a little too "wide" for
me although the
length is just fine.
Does anybody have experience with SIDA inserts or
orthoics or similar
products?

I do not see XC boots made in various widths like
some bike shoes and
certainly not custom molded like speed skating
boots.

Surly, people deal with this problem in other ways.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com