Old August 18th 03, 02:41 PM
Matt Morency

Default Orthoics / SIDA inserts in XC Boots

(Serge) wrote in message ...
My Salomon Pilot boots are a little too "wide" for me although the
length is just fine.
Does anybody have experience with SIDA inserts or orthoics or similar
products?

I do not see XC boots made in various widths like some bike shoes and
certainly not custom molded like speed skating boots.

Surly, people deal with this problem in other ways.

I have feet that are 9.5 4E and I have found that Salomon boots work
well enough width-wise if you make them. I do not think that the
North American market is sufficiently large for companies to make ski
boots in a variety of widths. Do different widths for ski boots exist
in Europe, which has a larger market for ski boots?
--Matt