Old February 23rd 04, 01:20 PM
pigo

Default "There's a Texan on the road ..."

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

"Jimintexus" wrote in message

" ... his brain is squirming like a toad ..."

Yeahyeahright. You've heard it before. I had a short-term gig fall in

my
lap on Friday, starting in a week in Everett WA so I'm outta this third

coast
joint.

I just finished loading the friend's 4WD that I have to deliver to San

Jose
in April, and I'm taking the north road instead of I-10 and I-5. Too

much
rain in CA. The usual reprobate Utards have been notified and if I

don't
camp out in the Yyyy parking lot tomorrow night I'll be looking for a

snowbank
to park next to in LCC on Tuesday night.

They really DON'T tow Texans, do they? Even if they offer a sacrifica

of
a six of Shiner Bock?

Anyway, Utards, you know who you are. And if you don't, look for the

red
and white 80s Ramcharger with the Texas ham radio license plates and the
pile of beer cans on the floorboards. If it doesn't get towed it'll be

parked
in as prominent a space as I can find.

Ya know ... when you're Texan and you drive a butt-ugly truck, you might
as well flaunt it.

Three days to ski. Wheee.

Just don't let your mutt (or your 'boarder girlfriend) **** on my

hubcaps.

Jim outta Texas

PS -- don't ask me about the job. All I can say is that it's in Everett
and it has to do with microprocessor stuff and you will probably have

one
of these chips in your home in 2008.

PPS -- I ruined the neon ski jacket loading the truck, so I'll be skiing
in some ****ing nondescript gray thing I got at Goodwill this afternoon.
Ugh.

Hmmm....

Kid's soccer season ended Saturday with an overwhelming tie that kept us
from advancing in the last tournament of the year. Just checked my
schedule: coaches' meeting Monday night, manager's meeting Tuesday night,
then I am free of non-family obligations for about 10 days. I'll have to
sweet-talk some cash out of my wife (and then charge everything, keeping

the
Benjamins for emergencies). Further info to come.

Great timing. It sounds like a pretty wet week to come. I hear that Alta
Java is a good place to meet. Skiing Wed. Jim? Sounds like it might be Th.
for RH. Are you guys plugged in? Do you want to call me or can we plan here
and maybe get a mini-invasion going?

pigo