Old December 26th 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Meg

Default temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

*Btw, your original post says
Alpine Control waxless skis. *I think you meant Alpina:http://www.alpinasports.com/index.ph...em/control-nis....
Did you buy them from REI? *

Where do you live? We might have some ideas who you could contact.

Gene

Yes you are correct, Alpina control - I misspelled the name. I bought
them at backcountry.com. I'm in St. Louis. I bought them during the
last snow of the season last year and by the time I got them snow was
all gone, so am finally using them. We get about 3-4 snows or so a
season at most and they are usually gone pretty quick so you can't
really buy the skis around here. If I'd thought to do some more
reading I could have taken the skis up to Door County Wisconsin where
I go every summer to get the wax put on. I figured I could watch how
they do the heated waxing anyhow on the downhill skis and it would be
sort of similar - at least the technique.

I think I'd have to go up to Chicago to find an actual groomed ski
trail or at least partway there.

Meg