Old January 23rd 04, 07:21 PM
Richard Walsh

lal_truckee wrote in
:

John Smith wrote:

(snip)
Last question: What's a pinna and what's an ATer?

pinna a backcountry skier using telemark bindings (after the three
pins in the early bindings)
ATer a backcountry skier using All Terrain AKA Randonnee bindings that
lock heel for descent, release heel for climbing back up.

As everyone knows, pinnas are the scum of the earth, randos are the salt
of the earth. Or is it the other way round?

I believe, while "All Terrain" fits the acronym "AT" perfectly,
that it really stands for "Alpine Touring".

While I'm not a pinna, I find the following humorous...

Randonee: French for "can't tele".

RW