Old January 23rd 04, 05:38 PM
lal_truckee

John Smith wrote:
I want to thank everyone who contributed something constructive to this
thread regarding my original question about controlling speed down the
fall line.

I feel that my skiing was much more intelligent after taking all your
ideas and suggestions with me to the slopes. Lots of room to grow, but
my confidence and performance were way up (at least in my opinion)!

I also want to thank everyone who contributed nothing to this thread
relating to my original question, but kept it amusing with the
inevitable irreverent humor.

Last question: What's a pinna and what's an ATer?

pinna a backcountry skier using telemark bindings (after the three
pins in the early bindings)
ATer a backcountry skier using All Terrain AKA Randonnee bindings that
lock heel for descent, release heel for climbing back up.

As everyone knows, pinnas are the scum of the earth, randos are the salt
of the earth. Or is it the other way round?