Old July 22nd 04, 12:21 AM
Mark Andersen

Default Beginners Board

"Mike T" wrote in message . ..
Bad call.

The Eldorado is a piece of junk compared to the Burton Supermodel.
The Supermodel imo is one of the best boards ever built.

I respectfully disagree that he made a bad call... IMHO the Supermodel is
good for many things, but heavy people ain't one of them. The Eldo, which I
admittedly have only taken one run on several years back, did seem much
better suited to a heavier rider.

I respectfully agree with Mike. The Eldo is a good choice for heaver
guys. I owned a 2001 169 Eldo and still have a 181 Supermodel. The
Eldo I would ride in any conditions and it responded well; quite
stable on rutted groomers and tracked-out West Coast powder. I'll
only ride the 181 Super in fluffy open powder; any other conditions
and it simply doesn't have the backbone to stand up to my 185lbs.

BTW, the 169 Eldo was retired and replaced by a 170 Oxygen Shogun.
The Shogun is such a damn fine board that I bought a second as a
reserve for when I beat the first one up on early season pow days.
The Shogun is kind of a quasi-Fish/Khyber type of board. More taper
(6 or 8mm) and setback (4.5cm) than most boards and lotsa nose, but
not to the Fish/Khyber extreme.

Enjoy the Eldo!

Mark