Old June 26th 04, 11:02 PM
mick quigley

Default Beginners Board

Thanks for your insights guys.

I've made my decision - i've passed up on the Supermodel for a couple
of reasons:

1. Longetivity - because I'm a F.B. and the board is 4+ yrs old, I'm
sure it will deteriorate markedly as I improve.

2. Reputation - if delamination is a bit of a known/common issue with
boards, then I'd prefer to get a new one with some kind of warranty

3. Opportunity - i've managed to cut a pretty reasonable deal on a
new K2 Eldorado - for about AUD$100 more than the 2nd hand Burton.
The Eldo's appear to share many attractive points with the Super, but
are a bit stiffer (and of course it's new :-)

Now all I have to do is wait for it to be delivered so I can practice
my face-plants. 8-D