Old December 10th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman

Default Anyone remember Scorpion skis?

Ace wrote:

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:06:09 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Ace wrote:

Lots of Swiss resorts in particular are very popular with sledgers and
have special runs reserved for them. These are often open to
'snow-bikers' as well, whereas many ski runs are not. Signposts and
piste maps attempt to make this clear, but don't always succeed.

Ah. Ta for that. It's been many years since I skied in Switzerland.

You should try it some time - I think you'd be surprised at how
inexpensive it can be - at most resorts it's quite possible to find a
decent half-board hotel for well under a hundred francs a night ( i.e.
less than 40 quid pppn). I know it may not be as cheap as your beloved
Bareges, but it can compare very favourably with the French Alps, IME.

Agree absolutely. Much cheaper than one expects. Especially eating on
the mountain. Some things - evening bars, clubs - can cost a ****ing
fortune, mind.

--
BMW K1100LT 750SS CB400F CD250 Z650
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3