Old February 9th 06, 11:38 AM

"Ace" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:55:34 -0000, "Paul-S8"
wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...
Wow, just wow, I didn't think it could get much better.

I have a garmin but won't be using it this year as I am trying the
skido
think for my smartphone but I am hoping that I can do something with
the
track data along the same lines. I think I will even suggest it to the
skido
developers!!!!

Interesting, which Garmin do you have?

Garmin Legend

When I was in Tignes over xmas one of the tour reps was running a
little sideline where he'd lend you a small GPS receiver/recorder[1]
which he'd then take back and use to produce a complete plot,
displayed in several different ways, of your skiing for the day,
including speed, rate of descent, distance covered, etc. etc. He was
then laminating them and suggesting they could be used as placemats.
Charged about 20 EU each, IIRC.

[1] no idea what model it was, but it could be worn on your arm.
--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Any idea roughly what speed an intermediate skier will be reaching in an
average day's piste bashing?

According to my Garmin I peaked at 55mph in Morzine last week but that was
in a racing tuck at the end of a long red. My friend, a much better skiier
than me, thought that skiers only reach about 30mph and still reckoned the
reading was wrong when he borrowed the garmin and hit 58mph.