Old March 9th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Sean C[_2_]

Default how fast do you go?

"Mike M. Miskulin" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Sean C" SeanC wrote in
:

I have a helmet cam that is decent, but watching bullet cam video does a
terrible job of conveying to the viewer speed and pitch. Not enough
definition due to white out condition and even with a filtered mic, just
about all you hear are voices and wind. Ergo, I don't show the vids to
my
buddies because it looks nothing like that double black I bragged about
during apres. The footage resembles sledding down my driveway. LOL.

SC

There are indeed some nice cams for reasonable prices that go
directly to a flash card so no wires or external recorders. But
I think the problem can be that the focus is always too near
so you lose perspective on the pitch of the run. Kinda like
how runs always look steeper at the bottom then when you are
on them or how moguls look way smaller from the chair over head
than when you are buried in them

LOL. True, true. About the moguls, anyway.

My helmet camera does require attaching to an older sony handycam. The
newer flash card or solid state-type recorders do a much better job with
resolution, but they still haven't quite made the components small enough to
include a more wide-angle lens or automatic white balance adjustment. Most
of my video is very washed out when aimed at the snow; however, my
motorcross footage is fantastic and the colors pop.

Here's to the near end of another season. Cheers to all...

Sean