Old March 5th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default how fast do you go?

hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured? I recently had
a skier friend who races regularly say he thought I was going about 40
down one of our more open blue runs while making some fairly wide turns
on my Incline (by no means straightlining it downhill). He seemed to
think this fairly fast but I never considered myself to be going fast,
just kinda normal speed for me on that run.

So just wondering if anyone has every been clocked for real on a regular
non-race ride? And what about the guys on the race boards? I imagine
there will always be a drop off compared to skiers who have two edges to
work with, but how much?