Old March 14th 06, 12:02 PM

I have been there and would not go back I found Rudy condescending,
unwilling to share any of his expertise, and taking chances with weaker
members of the group. By that I mean that the consequence of his philosophy
of going at an even pace, but NEVER stopping strings a non homogeneous
group way out. If one of the slower skiers in a group has a problem, the
leader won't necessarily discover it until stopping at noon. This obviously
applies to the uptrack portion of a day.
As others have said if you are a fit, skilled skier and are ok with
complete abdication of control to the leader in terms of where and if you
ski, then Rudys is the place for you. If not go elsewhere. Having said that,
if there is a slide, there is no one else I would rather have condcting the
rescue than he.
wrote in message
ups.com...

canaanskier wrote:
Have you been there and if so would you go back?

Yes and no.

Don't go if you have a low tolerance for risk.

The terrain, hut and food are great.