Old January 12th 12, 04:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Peter Northug - Tour de ski - Toblach

In the classical sprint, Dario Cologna skied on the tail of Northug's
left ski right before the last uphill and threw him off balance, his ski
going up and off to the left. Watching the previous few strides before
that, it looked like Cologna either was trying to ski run up on his
left ski or being careless. In any case, if there was any chance for
Northug, and the Russians looked strong, it ended there.

Gene

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:40:24 -0800 (PST)
lolix wrote:

Hi,

I have the feeling that Peter had poorly performing skis that day.

Man, he couldn't draft on Mario (Ok, drafting behind a V2 skier isn't
a *real* gain in no-wind conditions). Then, caught by the chasing
group, looks like he had the same difficulties to draft.
Did he comment on that ? I can't read Norvegian.

He had been lucky that he got an almost open door for the srpint.
What others were thinking about ? When you've got the best finisher in
the group, you don't open the door for him.