Old September 26th 14, 07:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Earthquake swarm at Mammoth

On 09/26/2014 11:50 AM, wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
After loading this page -

http://www.data.scec.org/recenteqs/Maps/119-38.html

it takes 17 page-downs to get through the whole list.

Well if the earthquakes don't get them, the lava vents will.

What is the fault around Mammoth Lakes area? the area is far enough away
from the San Andreas, (the one that can release an 8.0 earthquake) not to
get too much damage compare to the two major metropolitan areas of I don't
know in entire country..

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/calvo/

I think the Long Valley eruptions were related to a volcanic plume which
the surface moves over and which is now located under Yellowstone.
Somebody jump in here with the real poop, I read about this a long time
ago and may have gotten it wrong.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I won't allow the half of Americans who pay no taxes to bear the burden