Old November 18th 13, 02:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
David B

Default Zermat

"Ace" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:58:35 +0000, PipL wrote:

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 17:39:28 +0100, Ace wrote:

Whaaat? You've never come to Engelberg, have you? As generalisations
gom this one is about as meaningless as the other.

Um. OK, only two, now I come to think of it. Zermatt and Verbier, but
they're
the only ones I've visited in recent years. I've tended to avoid
Switzerland
due to the cost, travel, and they don't use Euros, though cost difference
might not really be that huge.

Exchange rates in recent years of around 1.2chf/eu have kept the euro
countries cheaper in comparative terms. Italy and Austria in
particular. France is almost as expensive as CH if you go to the
popular resorts, particularly the restaurant prices.

Today I was trying to improve my telemark technique

Now that's jsut showing off. PLus-fours, Lycra leggings and all?

You don't get around much these days, do you? Nowadays the tele scene
tends to be gnarly scandie dudes with bright coloured onesies, hugely
fat skis and an attitude to match.

.......or less:
http://wakpaper.com/large/Skiing_wallpapers_34.jpg

)