Old April 27th 12, 01:10 PM
nosnowski nosnowski is offline
Junior Member

Default Trying to revive grass skiing

Hi everyone,
I live in Australia where as you may know we have rather short snow seasons lasting at best three months and pretty poor quality snow. For the past few years I have been thinking how we could enjoy something that at least remotely resembles skiing and finally came up with a relatively simple design of skiing device that can carve on dry surface. I had earlier tried rolling tread based ski but it's quite demanding in terms of turning and hard with speed control. I guess in my younger years it would have been fun but I am a bit less crazy these days.

I spent quite a bit on patent applications and building prototypes but I am not sure if I should risk more funding to make a few more pairs (short series manufacturing is quite expensive). This brief video shows how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eiSip6J03Q

I would appreciate your feedback which would help me to make my mind whether I should try taking it further or just stop here and just enjoy riding my prototype in preparation for our ski season.