Old September 11th 03, 02:33 PM
Chris Cline

Default FS/ One Stride Ahead/ Marty Hall w/Pam Pendfold

I took a clinic with Justin Wadsworth a couple of
years ago, and he taught a technique that was mostly
"visualization" for getting proper position through
fast/hairy turns:

Imagine you are crouching in your tuck, holding a
cafeteria tray full of glasses out in front of you.
As you go through the corner, you want to keep that
tray out and level.

I found this visualization to be great for looking
ahead down the track, anticipating changes in terrain
and track angle, and also for keeping your hands out
in front of you (not sitting up and back and letting
your hands get behind your hips!)

Chris C.
SLC
--- Jim Farrell wrote:
wrote:
Speaking of downhill and tucks, one great little

thing I can remember
out of that book was the "reverse-shoulder"

technique for being able
to stay in the set track around corners at higher

speeds. Does anybody
besides me still use that in races occasionally?

That is how I was taught to take corners at speed
(only a couple of
years ago). I use it both in the track and out.
Helps me with edging,
maintaining speed without washing out . . .

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com