Old February 5th 08, 09:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

Default Family Ski holidays with baby facilities

On 4 Feb, 18:55, Pip Luscher
wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:23:53 -0000, "Paul"
wrote:

Mark Warner have a nanny service for 4months+ and have places in both
Courchevel (1850) and Meribel. They will look after the offspring from 09:00
to 17:30 (and do baby listening au soir too) if you want. Not, of course,
cheap.

Well it turned out that Herself couldn't make the first week of March
after all. We've booked Courchevel with Esprit; Mark Warner were the
other main choice but only had a place in Val d'Isere, which from dim
and distant memory isn't so good for nervous progressive skiers.

Now the big decision: take board or skis? I'm kind of hankering for a
new snowboard but perhaps I ought to rent a modern one and see how I
get on with it.

--
-Pip

For no particular reason I've ended up boarding a lot more than I've
skied this season. I think maybe I've plateaued with my skiing and
it'll take a lot of expensive instruction to get better, whilst I'm
enjoying the feeling of getting better quickly on a board for the cost
of a private lesson every few weeks.

Biggest change certainly came after I gave up borrowing sh1tty rental
boards from my mates and got my own kit - Last season's Burton Air
with Cartel bindings - really stable and controlable. I think you'll
notice the difference with the new bindings more than you will with
the new boards. If you can find one in resort, you could try out a new
'mini' as well. They've been flying off the shelves this season, and
my instructor hasn't stopped raving about them. Got a good rise from
him when we compared them to snowblades. heh heh.

Matt