Old November 9th 03, 11:58 PM
Chequama Mama

Default Recommendations for western XC lodge?

Never been there, but you might check out the Methow Valley
http://www.mvsta.com/
Everything I hear is that its amazing.

They have tons of trail, definitely ski from your door. Not a big
downhill place.

Paul

Bob Whitefield wrote:

My wife and I are looking for a new lodge to visit, preferably in the
western states. This is what my wife wants:

- Not a big crowded downhill place. Quaint is good.
- Plenty of not-too-challenging, groomed XC trails.
- Ski out the door, or at least no driving required to trails.
- Scenic mountains.
- Really good food.
- Dogsledding, hot tub, sauna all big plusses.

We really like the Franconia Inn in NH, also the Gunflint Lodge in MN
was fun, but we'd like to try something different. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Bob

--
Remove the caps to reply