Old January 13th 06, 02:23 AM

"Jeff" writes:
GT wrote:
I might end up in Boise on business in a couple of weeks. I might be able
to extend my stay a day or two. Any recommendations? I took a quick look
at Sun Valley, which appears to be about 3 hours by car. I'm an advanced
skier, but have never skiied out West.

Sun Valley is a hike, although it would probably be worth it if you
could get in 2 days of skiing there. It's interstate to Mountain
Home, then a fairly hairy stretch, then dead straight unoccupied
federal highway.

Check out Bogus Basin and Tamarack.

Bogus is the local area for Boise. The skiing is pretty good --
better than anything on the East Coast, that's for sure.

If you're flying through Salt Lake, you might consider spending your
extra time there.

--
dhs