Old December 22nd 13, 04:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_4_]

Default Early snow now gone from Rochester NY- Waaaaaa!

We had a nice batch of early snow, starting just before Thanksgiving and
lasting up to Dec. 20. A good 10" sitting on the ground and more in the
blessed areas, so we got in some early season skiing. Now the warm spell
and rain has washed it away (an dumped a bit of ice storm in some
areas). Still hope that means this will be a bumper season!

Osceola XC ski area (Tug Hill area of upstate NY) has reported 100" of
snow as of last week- which is unusual even for them (they normally get
300" in a season)- so off to a great start!
GR