Old December 27th 12, 10:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
runcyclexcski

Default kuzmin vs real waxing

Anyone care to do a side-by-side comparison on Kuzmin's products and old good waxing, and publish the results in Trax, AXCS magazine, this newsgroup, fasterskier, etc? I got this idea from skisport.ru where this topic has recently generated a heated 600-message discussion tree ... which so far hasn't lead to an actual test, but is a true gem to read, with personal insults, just like in the old good days of usenet.

As a scientist myself, I realize the difficulty to perform a well-controlled study of this sort, given the voodoo of ski glide. But I believe if a ski shop center provided ~10 pairs of skis of similar flex, and if weighed "dummies" were used rather than real skiers, going down the same track, it could produce intereptable results. One could do several repetitions of 5 pairs of skis for waxing and 5 pairs are used for the Kuzmin method. Details could be discussed (e.g. how crazy one should go with vitamin F).

I am not going to express my personal opinion on the Kuzmin method vs waxing
here. I am caross-posting to fasterskier.