Old February 12th 04, 05:11 PM
George Cleveland

Default LILLEHAMMER WINTER OLYMPICS 1994-2004.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:47:08 +0100, "Inger Skramstad Jørstad"
wrote:

Yes indeed, folks, it is exactly ten years ago today, February 12th 2004,
the day of the spectacular opening ceremony of the 1994 Lillehammer Winter
Olympic Games. We shall celebrate the tenth anniversary of these greatest of
all Winter Games ALL weekend, and I for one most definitely mean ALL
weekend! So there! Remember Tommy Moe and Franz Heinzer, anyone?? One won
the gold, and the other one lost one of his skis right after
starting.................. Oh well. Water under the bridge now, anyway, I
suppose. We here say "Do not talk any more about the snow that fell last
winter". That was then, and this is now. Snow under the
bridge................. BTW, why bother removing snow, it will all melt away
in the end anyway.................. just be patient and wait and

10 years...it sure doesn't seem that long. They were by far the best
Olympics I've ever seen and I've been watching them ever since I can
remember. The '68 games in Grenoble (IIRC) were the ones that got me
interested in xc skiing.

g.c.