Old February 24th 05, 03:17 PM
Armin

pigo wrote:

Too much information I think. It's an activity, fun, sport. If
someone is so timid that they have to analyze down to the nth degree
maybe it's not for them.

I get sick of everything being reduced to having to appeal to
everyone, made risk, and thought free.

I think the way it is works fine.

Well, it feels good to finally agree with you on something. ;-)

I think green, blue and black are totally adequate ratings since the
condition of the slope (groomed, packed, powder, moguls, crud, ice,
etc.) affect the difficulty of the slope as much, if not more, then
the steepness. And the conditions can changed drastically from top to
bottom... especially on larger mountains such as Whistler/Blackcomb.

Hell, next they'll want weather conditions, slope angle profiles and
snow conditions in 100 ft increments posted at the top of every run.

Armin