Old September 4th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
klaus

Default Favorite time for Aspen?

Bob Lee wrote:

I think I remember being glad to let you go first on that one (beacon
check). And as you skied it Russ turned to me and said something along
the lines of "He's skiing that awfully fast. He must not want to hang
around in there too long."

It wasn't so much the time as not wanting to weight the snow in a
turn. But if you don't check your speed, your speed goes
unchecked. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Speaking of skiing and preparation, I did the recon of the Highway to
Heaven via Honeycomb to Silver Fork today. Alta is still there. Did I
mention the two Aussie geology coeds with clipboards in East
Bowl? Ouch. Double ouch.

Sometimes clipboards can be kind of hot I guess.

This was one of those times.

-klaus