Old January 8th 04, 09:57 PM
JKirby

Default Speaking of stuff falling off a lift . . . .

Anybody ever have an unexpected/impromptu chair exit due to an
operator? I've only had one but it was really my choice:

I fell (jumped) off a lift at Meadows once. I was riding solo and two
kids went down on the exit ramp, got all tangled up and didn't get off
the ramp. The lift kept moving. To get off then would have meant
putting my board down right where they were sprawled out on the ice.
The liftie didn't see anything as he was talking to a chica behind his
booth. I rode my seat to the pole where it turned around to head back
down the hill, strapped in my back foot and bailed off into the fluffy
stuff next to where others were strapping in. It was only a soft 10'
drop at that point with no runout potential, but I did surprise a few
people in the area (its actually illegal at Meadows to jump from the
lift). Some riders three chairs back finally yelled at the liftie and
he stopped the lift (~5-10 sec) after I went unnoticed over the exit
ramp. The kids finally got clear of the ramp but people on a couple
of chairs made the round trip on the chair while I made the trip on
the groomers.

Anyone else ever run into anything like this?