Old December 6th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Snowboard FAQ

I've read the complete thread here, and acknowledge the points made by
both Joe and Neil.

www.boardreviews.com -- Thousands of reviews of snowboards by riders,
neatly organized by brand. You just can't get this kind of information
in most places.

This kind of stuff would be useful, if it was well balanced. Any rider
reviews are going to suffer from extremes. People saying how brilliant
their board is when it's the first one they've ever had, or slating a
board that broke on them on day 1 because of a manufacturing fault.

I started kitesurfing not that long ago and face a similar dilemma of
where do I get good information. Most of the forums suffer from people
pimping their stuff, so you end up not believing any of it. Demoing
isn't always an option, neither is blagging off of your mates. Plus,
something that was brilliant a couple of years ago isn't so hot now.

I'll check out the site, and go from there.

http://snowboard.colonies.com -- Extremely rich snowboarding
"community" site. The forums there are the most active I've seen
anywhere on the Web. There's a thread for every snowboarding topic you
can think of.

I won't be adding this one. The FAQ is for this newsgroup, so
advertising a forum just doesn't sit right - and even if a forum was to
be included, which one would it be? I've never even heard of this one,
yet there are others that I have heard of.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/