Old June 27th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Christian Georg Becker

Default Snowboarding gloves

Chris schrieb:
Hi I know there is a snowboarding gloves thread already but its 7
years old.
I'm wondering what the best snowboarding gloves are too get.
I particularly am looking for gloves that will last the longest amount
of time. I also want
them to be as water proof (gore-tex XCR) and warm as possible. I would
also like to get ones with wrist support built in. Also removable
inserts are very important, I don't mind paying alot for them.

I like my Ziener. Don't know the exact name, have to look for it when I
see them in the cellar ... summer time

Very warm, Material holds good against wet snow/rain (Austria in March
.... hrrrm), dries quick.
Seams and edges on the fingers start to fray put a little bit without
real damage after ~7 full weeks of snowboarding.
Has upper and lower protector and a wrap-around-velcro-strap to fix them
into place and thus protect the wrist ... but the velcro on the right
hand side does not really stick after 20 times unfastening/refastening
in the snow after taking pictures (I'm the shutterbug of our crew).

They were around 50 euros at the time I bought them.

Krischan