Old December 6th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Problem mounting Ride bindings on Burton board

On Dec 6, 11:26 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"helibrdr" wrote in message

"Bob F" wrote in message
I just got a used Burton Canyon. Trying to mount my Ride SPi bindings on it, I
discovered that the hole spacing is not compatable with the holes on the Ride
bindings. The Ride board has two rows of 4 holes, the Burton has two rows of 2
holes, and 4 center holes. Unfortunately, the spacing between the holes are
slightly more than on the Burton board than the Holes on the bindings. Is it
possible to get a plate for the ride bindings to fit the Burton board, or is
there some other solution, other than new bindings?

Bob F

Burton uses a 3 hole pattern while most others use a 4 hole. According to
Rides web page - go to Support, FAQ, and then 3 hole bindings they say that
their mounting discs are compatible with the 3 hole pattern as well. Here is a
link to the PDF file.http://www.ridesnowboards.com/support/ride_disc.pdf

These bindings are a few years old. They may have opened up the holes a little
to make them work on newer versions. I did manage to get them to mount by
twistin the plate slightly to get three screws to fit, in a diagonal line, but
would like to improve on that.

Newer Ride bindings (I have 2006 SPi) don't have holes -- they have
two long screw-width slots that allow you to place the screws anywhere
along their length. As was suggested, if you buy new discs you should
be fine.

Joe Ramirez